ENROLMENT- Monday 19th September- 11:00-11:30am (Room G03/04 with paperwork, change of details, etc)
Tuesday 20th September 2011- LEVEL 05 BRIEFING AND MODULE BRIEFING (Studio 03)
TIMETABLE: You will be sent a timetable of the first few weeks back via email at the beginning of September. This will also include important information regarding your second year of study. Please continue to check emails regularly over the summer break and contact us if there are any issues regarding the information recieved.
SUMMER BRIEF (see attached)
Wednesday 21st September- Summer Brief Presentations
Fred.email@example.com- 0113 202 8281
Lorenzo.firstname.lastname@example.org- 0113 202 8127
Amber.email@example.com- 0113 202 8082
Lynsey.firstname.lastname@example.org- 0113 202 8291
Please remember that the staff will be away for periods of the summer break (yes we have some holidays too) we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible.
BOOKLIST AND PREPARTORY READING
The following books, magazines and websites will be essential reading for your second year of study. You will be expected to purchase these over the summer and start reading them in preperation for September.
- Good: An introduction to Ethics in Graphic Design. -Roberts, L- AVA, 2006.
- This Means This, That Means That.- Hall, S- Laurence King, 2007.
- Visual Communication: From Theory to Practice.- Baldwin. J. Roberts, L- AVA, 2006.
- Thinking with Type.- Lupton, E- Princeton Architectural Press, 2010.
- The Production Manual.- Ambrose, G. Harris, P. -AVA, 2008.
- HTML and CSS Web Standards Solutions: A Web Standardistas' Approach.- Murphy, C. Persson, N.- Friends of Ed, 2008.
- 100 Habits of Successful Graphic Designers- Written & Designed by Plazm- Rockport.
COMPUTER ARTS: www.computerarts.co.uk
CREATIVE REVIEW: www.creativereview.co.uk
THE DESIGNER JOURNAL: www.bergpublishers.com